buildyourwildself.com
I really liked this website. I think students would love creating their own character and thinking up various stories and adventures about their 'enhanced' selves. There were enough choices so that each student could have a completely unique looking character but not enough where they would be overwhelmed and take a long time going through them all. I volunteer at a local elementary school and I know that the 1st grade class I volunteer in would love this. There are some students who struggle with writing but if they were to write about themselves in the body of this creature they would actually enjoy the task. I remember when I was in school that I loved doing interactive activities on the computer such as this one. Anything to get the student excited about writing is a great tool. Also, the website gives some information about the animals used in your creation so it would also be a great way to teach about different animals from all over the world.
I am glad that you liked this. The English teacher at my school is going to have the students create one and then have them write descriptive sentences. I am going to use it in a genetics unit.
ReplyDelete