Sunday, January 10, 2010

First Class Impressions

I admit, the first day of Tech 221 was a little overwhelming. Since our class only meets once a week, we need to move quickly through the material but geeze... I felt like I could barely keep up! I'm very methodical and obsessed with lists so when I realized this course is going to be all about finding the information for yourself, well, I freaked a little bit. I understand the thought behind that though. It's better for students to learn if they are forced to find the answers themselves. I agree with that. I just wasn't prepared for it. Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with HTML or websites other than Google, Blackboard, Facebook and YouTube. I don't blog and I don't surf the internet much in my spare time. I'm hoping that by being forced out of my internet shell I'll be able to learn a lot of tools in which to help my future students grow and learn. There's so much out there in the way of educational material online... You just have to know where to look and how to apply it! Bring it on, Tech 221!

1 comment:

  1. I will slow down. I do know that as students you do not have a lot of time and this is probably not your first priority. Please just give everything a try and think about if you might be able to use it in the future. Begin to build a library of tools and ideas.

    ReplyDelete