Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Glogster


Above is the Glog I made at glogster.com. This is a fun, creative and free website that allows users to post images, video and audio while adding frames, backgrounds and graphics. I think this could definitely be used in the classroom as a way to present new material to students. I chose to make a glog about the Scientific Method. I made it to be supplemental to a lesson but the page includes a video talking about what the Scientific Method is a why we use it along with the main steps included in the method. It was easy to create the page and in all this page took me all of about 15-20 minutes to put together including the time it took for me to find a video I liked. I think it could be a really fun way for students to post poems they have written and add backgrounds, images from the web and graphics to enhance and go along with it. They could then share their glog poem pages with the rest of the class. There were many options to choose from but not enough to keep students browsing for 30 minutes through pages and pages of options for one graphic. They would have enough to find something they like, change the font, color and size to make it their own. All in all, I really enjoyed this site and I think it has some great potential for education purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment