Wednesday, February 10, 2010

PortaPortal


I am simply in love with portaportal.com. I volunteer in a 4th grade class and the teacher uses this website. The students find it easy to use and there are a variety of websites to choose from (if you so choose) and there can be a folder for each academic subject studied. The teacher can specify roaming PortaPortal one of two ways:

1) If an educator wants students to work in a particular area (such as learning their times tables or how to make graphs) then they can specify by saying "Please go to PortaPortal and click on the Math folder. Go to Hooda Math. I would like you to only work from this website today."

2) Or if students have free time after finishing an assignment, the teacher can say "Go to PortaPortal once you are finished and visit websites in the Reading folder."

No comments:

Post a Comment