Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Odds & Ends

I have visited blockposters.com before taking this course and I found it interesting and cool but didn't have any personal use for it. After considering how to use in in a classroom situation, I am still unable to think of any extremely fun and interesting ways to use it. It could be used for large pictures when teaching a subject. The teacher could possibly add a page to the picture as a class reward to reinforce good behavior so that the students don't know what the picture is until they have gathered enough good behavior points.

Similar to blockposters.com I struggled to find a creative and unique way to incorporate bighugelabs.com into the classroom. I think it's a fun website and a great free website for using your own pictures to make calendars and mosaics. A teacher could possibly put together a mosaic of students from the first day of a school and hang it in the classroom. Or another option could be to make a calendar with a picture of the 'students of the month' for that month. Each week a student can be the special teacher helper who leads the line, collects papers or runs errands to and from the office. For example:

April 1-7: Sarah
April 8-15: Jacob
April 16-23: Payson
April 24-30: Christina

I really like text2mindmap.com and I think it could be used very effectively with students. Educators could have their students create their own thought maps regarding books, current events, historical events and scientific relationships. It would be a great way to brainstorm with all students and have them track their thought process and help analyze and categorize it.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes things can just be for fun even in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete