Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Scriblink & Thinklinkr


Today we explored scriblink.com and thinklinkr.com. Both are free websites that hold potential educational value. Scriblink is a website where students can draw, write, paste and collaborate on a virtual white board. They can play with colors and insert pictures or equations. I think this website has a lot of potential with further investigation. I think students would really enjoy using it. I think this website could be a good tool posting constructive criticism in regards to papers or other assignments. Thinklinkr was more confusing to master. The website isn't clear on how to add users to one document so that they can post on the page. However, after about 20 minutes of trial and error, we figured it out. This would be a cleaner way for students to post about their peer's work but I don't think they would find it as fun to work with. Both websites have pros and cons but I think if the teacher became more comfortable with using them their students would reap the benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment